Sućuraj is located on the eastern part of the island not far from the mainland (three nautical miles). It is the most important port on this side of the island. Even from ancient times this position has had an important strategical character, as well as a role in communications with the mainland.


Sućuraj got its name from the church of St. George (Sveti Juraj) which was recorded as early as in 1331.



See more places:



 Stari Grad





© All rights reserved, secret HVAR. SITEMAP